Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Time to Shine



The last several months, a wise person has been helping me sort myself out. Helping me to rediscover my value. Helping me to look inside myself for approval.

It's been a tough road, but at the same time, a very enlightening one as well.

Yesterday he gave me an assignment of sorts. At the end of each day, I am to write down one way in which I excelled. One way in which I feel my light was shining bright.

This is not an easy assignment for me. But I'm gonna do it. Because I know in my heart that I need it. It's not bragging to look for the good things about myself.  It's not self-absorbed to want to be special or unique. It's human nature. I've been denying myself the encouragement that I easily give to others. It's not fair for me to look outside for validation. Not fair for the person I'm expecting it from and not fair to myself. I have to give to myself.

I deserve it. I always have.

So I will listen to my friend. I will do my assignment. Like those sun flares surrounding me in the photo above. I will find the ways in which my light can be seen. From every angle. In the brightest of daylight to the darkest of night. I will find them.

I'm ready to let myself Shine.




No comments:

Post a Comment