Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Body Imperfect




I wasn't going to post this one. Because instead of noticing the interesting composition or the lovely texture of the forest setting in this shot; all I notice is my stomach, the strange look on my face, and the crooked way my body is positioned.

Because of course this project is all about how I look, right?

You'd think after all this time, I would have moved beyond that. After all, that was one of the reasons I embarked on this in the first place.

Acceptance of myself.

More than acceptance, really. What I hoped for (and still aspire to, truth be told) is to be able to look beyond what's on the outside and just say, "Hey Jane, you're awesome. Keep it up."

So while I could berate myself for not being at that point yet, I'm not going to. Instead, I'm going to post this photo. Because, it's a pretty good shot and I'm not going to let my insecurities over my looks take that away from me.

I'm not all the way there yet, but I'd say that's a step in the right direction.





No comments:

Post a Comment