Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The year's almost over?


Wait, how did it get to be near the middle of November? I can hardly believe it. And don't get me wrong, I like the holidays and all, but I resent how pretty much everything is all about them from late October on. Like, can't we just enjoy the month of November without it being all about Thanksgiving and more importantly, all the deals coming your way on Black Friday, and December without it being all about Christmas (like it's the only thing happening all month). Really.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with my self portrait. I don't think. Or maybe it does. Here I am being blissfully oblivious to the impending madness, at least for a few days. Blissfully hooping on the quietest, emptiest beach on Lake Michigan about an hour before sunset. In bare feet, no less, on November 10, when Michigan is usually too cold for bare feet. I pretty much wish it could all be just like this every day.

In this photo, I love that I'm doing something I love in a place I love, and that I've captured it with a medium I love. I love the color of filter I've chosen and the way the light reflections from the lake make little light arrows that shoot into my body here. It looks like I'm electrified, but it's soothing, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment