Monday, November 30, 2015

An Open Secret


There are times when I don't feel so wonderful. When I won't let myself off the hook for what I have done. When all I see are my mistakes. How I have hurt people. I get tangled up in regret. I allow the guilt to wrap itself around me like vines creeping up an old decrepit house.

It's not a constant feeling, by any means. But when does guilt become a bullshit constraint that is just covering up what I really need to be doing?

Moving on. Admitting mistakes. Learning instead of dwelling. Changing instead of repeating. Taking responsibility. Forgiving myself.

There is sadness and a little bit of mystery in this photo. But I also see beauty and openness.
Am I finally willing to accept that all of these are an integral part of my journey?
An integral part of me?

I'll keep you posted.






No comments:

Post a Comment