Saturday, November 28, 2015

When I Shoot



On one of our recent shoots together, Lisa and I were discussing how much we like getting in the "zone" while shooting. When I'm behind my camera, setting up a shot, framing my image, deciding where to focus: I am in such an amazing space.

A space of creativity that I don't always experience in my day to day life.

A space where I am entirely myself, where mistakes and regret mean nothing.

A space of unlimited possibilities.

A space where I can revel in the freedom to do and be exactly who I want to be.

This may look like just a photo of my shadow but it's so much more than that. There is a part of me in every image I create. The good, that not so good, the downright bad. There is a mix of dark and light in this photo, just like there is a mix of dark and light in me.

Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment