Friday, October 9, 2015

Letting the Wind Carry Me



You can't see me in this photo. But I'm in there.

My vision, my eye, my point of view. By the action of creating this image, it became a portrait of me, in a way.

But beyond that, when I saw this photo for the first time, I gasped. Just a little. You see, this photo is me. There's dark around the edges, and light inside. Like the pods releasing their seeds, I am releasing  something too.

I'm releasing expectations and rules about who I thought I was.

I'm releasing fears and limitations.

I'm releasing anyone or anything that makes me question my value.

I'm releasing the idea that occasional sadness means I can't also be happy.

So like the seeds, I am trusting that the winds of change will lead me to a place of growth. To a place where I will embrace and love both my darkness and my light.



No comments:

Post a Comment