Monday, September 28, 2015

Exploring


Last week I was in California for work, not far outside San Francisco. It seemed a shame to fly all the way across the country and not see anything aside from my office, so I tacked on the weekend, booked a room through airb&b, and explored as much of San Francisco as possible in about a day and a half. No plans, no expectations, no research.

I like this about me. I am mostly easy-going. I am adventurous. I am not afraid to wander, get lost, and have no idea where I am. Payment for that is I meet interesting people, have conversations I might not otherwise get to have, learn things I might otherwise not know, and have experiences I wouldn't ordinarily have. I got a scooter ride around the city and saw the ocean waves from a cliff side in moonlight. I met a guy and his dad from Indiana who were on a business trip--when they saw me on the street later they waved and yelled my name. I caught up with some old friends and got to know a few new ones. I had famous Irish coffee and smelled the sea lions on Pier 39. I learned about a leather festival on Fulton Street. 

I took this photo just before all of that, a few hours after I'd gotten to the airb&b apartment. All this new and exciting stuff right outside a door I was just about to open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment