Thursday, September 17, 2015

East is East?



I know that sunflowers turn toward the sun. What I did not know is that once pollination occurs, however, they remain in a fixed position facing East. 

I took this photo of myself in a field of sunflowers with the intent of writing a post about following the light.

But when I read the above fact, something else came to mind. 

Facing the East. 

In my spiritual work; the East is seen as the direction of passion, illumination, and fire. It is essentially a masculine, determining energy. But that does not mean it is exclusively for men. We can all strive for these attributes in our own lives, we only need to claim them. They're already ours. 

I've been grappling with negativity and stillness in my life lately and it's been quenching my inner fire. I've made some changes recently to get myself moving. To wake myself up and stoke the fire. 

I am the determiner of who I am. Of what I feel and what I let into my life. I choose optimism and passion over negativity and stagnation. 

I choose to face East. 




No comments:

Post a Comment