Sunday, July 5, 2015

I'm trying


A handful of ox-eye daisies and a little bit of fleabane in the meadow, late afternoon sun. Softer, more thoughtful, more understanding, more compassionate. This is what I'm aiming for.

This week was busy--half working, half vacation, but lots of guests and kids and in and out all week. It's easy to feel like the work you're doing on yourself when you're alone is, well, working. But guests and family and unexpected upheaval bring the reality of where you are with that self-work to light.

And I just felt like I was failing at a whole lot of things this week.

I could be a lot better at being a friend. I need to be a lot better at being a daughter, sister, wife, mother to my young adult children. I have to not give lip service to letting go, but actually let go. I have to not be controlling. I think I'm not judgmental at all--but I see that I really am sometimes. I need to worry less. I need to be softer, but I also need to stand up for myself more. I need to keep working on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment