Wednesday, July 22, 2015

It's a new me (and I'm not happy about it)

I'm just interjecting a short (non-angry, non-sobby, non-self-portrait) post to say that something lousy happened to me yesterday. I won't expound, but it means that I lost all access to my two other blogs and the photos I've posted in this one, along with my blogger "identity." That said, I'm going to spend some time this weekend trying to remember what photos I've posted here up 'til now, and repost them into my posts that now look like they are posted by "unknown."

So that's me, unknown, in all posts up 'til now.

I am grateful that the writing in this shared blog didn't disappear, but a bit heartsick about the other two. I want to be unhappy with Google, blogger, and my ISP, but I can probably take the blame here. My ISP moved to a new platform, and I guess if I were savvy enough I'd have realized that would knock out my Google account, thus my blogger access. And, if it's so important to me, why wasn't I backing up my posts?

Here's to lessons. And do-overs, and restarts, and things lost in the stratosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment