Thursday, June 18, 2015

How dare I be uninspired?!


Out of two separate photo shoots today in two gorgeous places, I got absolutely nothing I was happy with. First, I wanted dappled light in the forest and I tried and tried and just could not make that work.

So, then I thought of a shot in the nice early evening sun, with the lake and grasses in the background, and why not add my favorite person being in the whole world (my dog) since I'm feeling a little not-so-great about myself and, of course, she's super cute. Only the dog was utterly recalcitrant and unhelpful. Plus, you know, when you want the natural light to illuminate your face, you kind of have to be actually facing it, which doesn't make for the most attractive facial expressions. Hence the closed eyes and pinched expression.

Sigh.

Jane talked me down from the ledge on today's failed attempts. There are more days in the week--I could have scrapped today's shots and tried again tomorrow or over the weekend. But she reminded me that we committed to bad photos, too (whether compositionally lousy or just lousy to us), and so yes, I do like to honor my commitments.


1 comment: