Thursday, April 23, 2015

Red


So, I am starting to think it's kind of frowned upon to say we like ourselves. We (women) are generally lousy with compliments. When someone tells us we look nice, or we've done something interesting, or we're smart, or lucky, or talented, or whatever, we're famous for the downplay. There's always a "but." We don't want to take credit, even when we know inside it's all us.

Oh, I'm as guilty as the rest of us.

But let's experiment with saying no.

Let's put on red lipstick (or no lipstick, or whatever makes us feel awesome) and say yes, YES, we are beautiful, smart, fascinating, valid, cool, funky, strong. At whatever age. No buts.

I will say boldly that I really love this photo. I think it is beautiful and creative. I could even say the same thing about myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment