Sunday, April 12, 2015

Hello again, fitness


I used to be fit. Exercise was a big priority in my life and I made space for it, mentally and physically, almost every day. I considered myself a runner first and foremost, and after that a cyclist, kayaker, paddle boarder, and general fitness enthusiast. Up until the last several years, that is, when I started to make less and less space for running, and then everything else fitness kind of followed.

There are lots of reasons for my lapse, none of them particularly good or even that make much sense. But after years of being fit, I got unfit. Up until the last two months. Since then I've been making it a daily priority again. And it feels fantastic, both mentally and physically.

I hiked the marsh today for hours with my friend Karen. I am so happy outside, and so happy to be back on the journey to fitness. It feels good, and it feels like home--like the me I started to lose track of for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment