Monday, January 26, 2015

Tiny steps are still steps



I've been struggling with bit of restlessness the past few months. It's been eye-opening for me. Because instead of running away from it I have been accepting it. Embracing it. Examining it. It has also forced me to take note of what I want in my life. To accept that while I really do have a great life, there are things about it, or rather, things about me, that I am ready to change. It's time to get out of my comfort zone. Time to allow myself to dream big. I took a tiny step out of that comfort zone today.

I despise winter weather.

I get a little self-conscious when I go out shooting alone.

I am uncomfortable talking to strangers.

But this morning I bundled up, grabbed my camera and headed out into the very cold weather. I shot at the side of a busy road and tried not to care what the people zooming by in their cars thought about me. Note to self, they probably didn't care much. I spoke to a nice gentleman walking his big dog in the woods. He pointed me to a fantastic spot next to the river, where I took this shot.

This is me. In the cold. Alone. Doing what I love to do.

This is me unlocking the gate and opening it, ever so slightly. Maybe I'm not flinging it wide just yet, but I'm getting there.



No comments:

Post a Comment