Sunday, January 18, 2015

I just want to be outside


I traveled all week for work. And while I was in a really beautiful area (San Francisco Bay) I didn't get to see a bit of it. We worked hard all day and left the office each night well after dark. I saw a few restaurants, the mountains in the distance at sunrise, and one night we went to a lovely vineyard that I bet would have been incredible during the daylight. Next time I'll plan better and tack on some days before or after.

Anyway, all I wanted to do while I was there was be outside. I think I may have annoyed my coworkers with how often I talked about wanting to be outside. I mean, I left Michigan in a blizzard for pete's sake, and here I was in a place where it was in the upper 30s to low 40s at night, and in the 60s during the day. No snow, no salt on my shoes, and I never put on anything heavier than a sweater. Heaven!

So after catching up by sleeping most of yesterday after I got home, today I went outside and I stood at the shoreline of an icy Lake Erie. It wasn't California temperatures, but it is home. 

As far as self portraits go, this is the kind of shot I'm comfortable with, where my face is pretty much obscured. But I promise to work past that, even when I'm unhappy with the results. That said, this is truly representative of me--there is not much I love more than looking out over a body of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment