Thursday, January 22, 2015

Lessons in no


I felt a need to show something a little more exposed this week. I have this tendency to get ahead of myself, of having an idea pop into my head and somehow it's all I think about, I have to do it, I have to have the way cleared for me to do it, etc. etc.

But it's not always the right thing, or it's not always feasible, or it isn't meant to be, and so it doesn't happen. And sometimes I don't know where to go with those "no's" in life. I go through a process of coming to grips with it, but I feel like I need to learn how to look more objectively as well as internally about why I wanted whatever it was that I wanted. And then also why it was that that particular thing didn't come about.

I think there is almost always a lesson.

I'm not sure there's a great connection here with this story and the image, but I'm trying to explore myself through images and words and this felt right today. And I had one of those "no's" this week. I don't have an answer yet as to the why's, but it's okay, and I'm accepting the no. For now, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment