Monday, January 25, 2016

You've Come a Long Way, Baby


Look, it's a full body shot. I know it's not a close up, but cut me some slack. I've come a long way from last year when I would never dare show all of my body. But that's not what this post is about.
I don't think. I actually never really know what these posts are going to be about until I start writing them.

I didn't have my tripod with me today when this was shot, so I set it up and asked my trusty assistant, also known as my 13 year old son, to actually take it for me. We took some with me facing away and some with me looking at the camera. He decided he should change the exposure on a few, so maybe this is really a collaborative effort? Is that allowed on a blog of self-portraits?

But like Lisa and I always tell each other. It's our blog and we can do what we like with it.

I love going out to shoot with my son, he is usually enthusiastic about it and he often points things out that he finds interesting. He sees things differently, of course, and that is always fun for me.

We ventured out to the Pointe Mouille Game Preserve, a favorite spot. It's wide open and huge, it looks different every time I see it. Today it was muddy with lots of cloud cover. Not what I had hoped for, but we made do. I'm finding that comes easier to me now than it used to. Loosening expectations, not lowering them, but releasing the grip I have on them sometimes. I see myself in a place I adore, with a person I love; fully at ease with who I am and what I'm doing. It's taken a little while for me to get to this place of acceptance and understanding. I like it here. I think I'll stay.






No comments:

Post a Comment