Saturday, August 1, 2015

I am a Photographer



Sometimes people will ask me what I do. In other words, what is my job? How do I make a living? How do I contribute to society?

My answer varies depending on the situation.

I'm a wife and stay at home mom. 

I crochet and make cute little things that I try to sell. 

I belong to a beautiful circle of women who facilitate empowering work for other women. 

Lately I've added one more answer. 

I'm a photographer. 

I used to be afraid to make this declaration. As if I had to meet certain criteria to be allowed into this exclusive club. Like I have to have won awards, or gotten a degree, or sold my work, had a gallery showing.

But I don't think that anymore. 

I take pictures. Pretty darn good pictures. I love composing a shot, scouting out places to shoot. Editing and processing my work. I love discussing photography with others who share my passion. I find the challenge of taking a good photograph exciting and meaningful.  

That makes me a photographer. 

A pretty darn good photographer. 

1 comment: