Thursday, May 14, 2015

Stripes and Shadows






Last week I wanted to look pretty, this week I just wanted to take a photograph of myself. The light in our front room was making some lovely stripes through our blinds so I sat down in the right spot, picked up my camera and shot a few. Hair uncombed, no makeup. Not even any coffee yet.
Today I wasn't thinking about how I looked, I was thinking about how even when I don't feel like taking yet another photo of myself I still adore this project. I love what it is creating for me. I love that I get feedback for my work. I love discussing it with Lisa. I love that this project is touching people. I love that I am doing something that feels worthwhile.

And I love this woman right here. With all her foibles, flaws, and quirks, I still think she's damn cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment