Monday, June 6, 2016

On Memories and Choice


I was thinking about memories, what we hold. What our ancestors hold for us, what the Great Mother holds for us in her bones. The rocks and stones that lay beneath our feet. That no matter how painful or terrible some memories are, how we carry them is up to us. I choose to carry mine in beauty and strength. So for this post, I stand next to the water. Amongst rocks. Breathing in the air. Feeling my fire. 
My choice. Always. 


Standing  
In the ruins
On the stones
That hold your memories
The ancient 
Or the ones from yesterday 
From time to time 
You will fall
It is inevitable
That is when you look in
See again what you may want to forget 
Where it hurts
Where you feel torn
Bloody
And ragged
The last place you want to look 
Is most often the place you must
In the darkest part 
Of your own shadows 
In the deep well
Of your own pain 
You gather your courage about you
Like steely armor
Or a soft shawl 
You will face those stone held memories 
Crack them open 
Hold them in your mighty hands
And whisper
You are part of me that I own 
But you will never own me

No comments:

Post a Comment